Friday, May 16, 2008

Back when I was young...


Back when I was young, mothers had to make their kids Halloween costumes!! Men wore tights and girls wore purple. Yes- that is I (Scooter) as RobinHood and my babysiter's daughter Cindy as Maid Marion. Two Aries joined at the theme and forced to attend school together. If I don't look too happy it is because I knew Maid Marion was going to be mean to me at school.
.
This was the last year we dressed in tandum (we previously had done I Dream of Genii and Major Nelson) -as school events turned ugly when we would break into a fist fight. So they next year I got my wish to go solo.
.
Careful what you wish for.....
.
My mother, who worked as a receptionist for a doctor at the time, was tired of my Pinoccino nose falling off all the time. After about the tenth time of it falling and me whining that without the nose I looked stupid, she put surgical glue to keep it on.
...really...
For those of you that don't know, surgical glue is like freaking Bondo. After pulling, tugging and cold cream, we finally put me to bed with the nose so it would wear off. One night's sleep later - no dice. Then lighter fluid that didn't help. By this time I, never a patient child, was (perhaps) jumping and screaming to get it off, get it off!!! Mom finally just yanked the nose, and the accompaning layer of skin, off.
.
You little brats don't know how lucky you are to have store bought costumes now adays....