Thursday, May 01, 2008

Mascot of the Month: Pascal Hens

Well, this month the Mascot of the Month is Pascal Hens.
.
As you can see, he is not the Mascot of the Month because he is a cute himbo.
.
No, Pascal is however an amazing handball player. I don't know much about handball (as played in the Olympics), but I have tickets to a bunch of rounds, so I am looking into it.
.
Handball is played on a basketball-ish size court, with a soccer like goal. It is 6 on 6 with a seventh person being a goalie.
.
For more information see the NBC Olympics Web Site.
.
Pascal Hens is part of the German team that is suppose to be great.
.
I guess you are allowed to dribble 3 steps or hold the ball 3 seconds before you have to get rid of it. It ends with high scoring games (24 - 22 and the like).
.
It looks like it will be a lot of fun to watch. All the teams haven't been selected yet. So far, I think the qualifiers are Germany (world champion), China (host), Kuwait (Asian Qualifier) and Denmark (European Qualifier) are in.
.
There is also quite the scandal between Korea and Japan, who have played a couple of qualify games and do overs that the Asian board is ignoring.






You may ask when I learned to like handball. Well, you will remember I was a fan of Kjell for a while.

Kristian Kjelling is pro now and I don't think Norway is going to the Olympics.
.

However he was the youngest professional handball player ever. What surprised me about that is ... there are professional handball teams?