Monday, June 09, 2008

The coming waterfalls...


So this is a picture of the Brooklyn Bridge. It is the 125 anniversary this month, but that isn't why I have this picture.
.
Last Memorial Day, as Eddie and I wandered the city, we took the water taxi to Brooklyn. It went right towards the Bridge. If you look (and you may have to click it to view the big version) under the pylon is, what looks like, scaffolding.
.
It's not. This year an Icelandic artist is building 4 waterfalls as an art project. This will be one of them. I know that under the bridge might seem a little odd, but Wall street and the South Street Seaport all look out on this particular view, so it should be vunderbar.
.
The others are scattered around the harbor. They will run (and be lite) from end of June to October and I can't wait to see them. I love Iceland and Waterfalls and Out of Place Art, so it will be cool.
.
Eddie is Crotonville at GE Boot Camp this week, so the posting may be a little all over the map.