Monday, June 30, 2008

Ed's Return - and my second review


So, my second review is up  on MusicOMH.  It is a review of Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy, which I rather enjoyed.
.
I did have to slightly rewrite and expand the mental review iI worked up on the walk home - The show reminds one of nothing so much as an excursion through a 16 year old Graham Norton's wet dream.  (In the US we could substitute "an excursion through a 16 year old Liberace's wet dream").
.
But I quite liked it.  Surprisingly.  And not for the gratuitous display of male abdominal muscles.  I mean it was Gay Pride week-end in New York.  I am almost over rippling abs.  At first I felt like a kid in a candy store, then I felt like a 50 year old perv.  In any event, after the 200th great stomach, you just want these boys to put them away.  When everyone has a great stomach, it just reminds you that you don't.
.
I went from wanting to work out, to wanting to be bulimic to wanting an ice cream.
.
But I digress.
.
Anyway, I thought the show was a lot of fun.
.
Mein Eddie was suppose to be home when I was done but he was not.  So I checked the flight tracker.  His flight due, to land at 9:00PM, had in fact left at 9:27.  It was a relatively short flight and he was due to land at 11:50.  I wrote my review and laid down - thinking I would grab a half hour of sleep before he arrived.
.
At 1:23, I awoke, and checked flight tracker again.  He actually landed at 12:54, which meant a fair amount of circling, but I still though he would be home soon.
.
He got home at 2:00.
.
Apparently, even though I knew when he was landing, and the computer knew when he was landing, and the flight crew knew when he was landing - Newark Airport did not.  So they landed and had to sit on the tarmac for a while because someone was at their gate (and parked for the night).
.
Much later they found a gate and toodled on over, only to have no one there with the little red flashlights to wave them in.  They sat some more.
.
Finally off the plan at 12:54, they were on a little 50 seat special, so they had to wait for their hand luggage at the jetway.  That took a while, but finally Ed was off.  And out to the bus to come home.
.
Now the bus from Newark is cool because it's first stop is the Port Authority Bus Terminal which is literally on our block.  It is hideously easy.  And it runs every 15 minutes.
.
Until 1AM, when it stops running until 4aM.
.
Ed was not amused.  He ended up in a cab line that did not move all that quickly at 1:30 AM.
.
(Shhhh!  He is still asleep).