Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kind of a Favor..


So I don't usually ask favors. Okay, I do, but not on the web site here.
.
This is where Ed and I keep our friends and family and our extended family up to speed on what is up with us. It isn't a place for donations or anything.
.
Except today (tonight). Here's the thing. There is going to be a vote in California on outlawing gay marriage.
.
I don't want you to spend money or time or anything. But if, on the off chance, you hear someone say how it is wrong that two men can get married. Just tell them they are wrong. Eddie and I are happy and love each other.
.
Ed and I are 14 years of monogamous, happy, boring middle class family. I would love to marry him. I know it sounds stupid
.
I know that it is hard. Honestly, it is harder for me. I mean for you it is a simple, "Well I now some guys and they aren't all bad." For me I gotta tell them I am a big homo and I don't fool around, and do the shit they see on TV and DVDs. I am a boring, happy husband.
.
Maybe it's dumb, but the only way we are going to chance people's opinion is to let them know that you know somebody who is a boring old regular happy guy - who just happens to be in relationship of 14 years with another boring guy.
.
We care about our family and friends. We send presents to the nieces nephews and cousins. We are, in all accounts, normal. Except for the gay thing.
.
Honestly, when the vote is over you can go back to not making waves. I will. But Zela made her entire evangelical church be okay with me and Ed. If a 85 year old woman can stand up to her church groups in Orange County - well, just telling someone that it is okay shouldn't be a giant struggle.
.
Thanks. I'll shut up now.