Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Lahua Visits

So, Eddie and I had my cousin Lahua out at our house yesterday. She was on her way from Hawaii (where she lives) to Berlin (where she is taking a summer class.
.
This is the furthest she has been on the mainland ever.
.
We took her to The Spice Market for dinner - which she totally loved. Then last night I took her to her first Broadway show. We saw The Heights and I think she liked it a lot.
.
And yes, she really is related to me. She is Zela's Brother's Granddaughter. So she is my 2nd cousin (I think). Luckily, she seems to have gotten the looks from the other sides of the family.
.
ps - I made Ed take this picture because he totally hates the old PanAm (now MetLife) building. I keep telling him he just doesn't know the iconic history of the building. He is unmoved.
.
pps - Her full nameis Lahuaninoni, which means Beautiful Flower in Hawai-an. Isn't that cool.