Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not a fan of the smugness...

I was reading the New York Times Opinion section today for a while. I say for a while because at some point (about 10 seconds ago) I was disgusted.
.
This morning the Opinion section was a veritable love fest of smugness. The one that put me over the top was the "Good Riddance To The American Road Trip." The author finds the American Road Trip to be passe. He and his family are saving gas and fuel by only taking a 15 minute ferry ride to a private island off Maine.
.
Arg!
.
There are so many things annoying with the man I want to choke him. 1. The American Road Trip is fun and a way to see the whole country. Not just more residents of the insular self-satisfied denizens of Stick-Up-Your-Ass Maine. I am sure that all Maine-iacs are not like you, but the snobby way you blow off the rest of the country is infuriating.
.
There, I feel better.