Friday, June 20, 2008

Something I should have seen long ago

So due to some shenanigans there is a TV and a DVD in the office.  It (really) is Ed's fault, but I take full advantage.
.
I love an old movie in the background.
.
Today I saw "Dinner At 8:00" for the first time.  Yes, I know it is a classic and I should have seen it long ago.  And the scene to the left is famous (Jean Harlow a knock out and Marie Dressler, an old stage star, talk on their way to dinner..)
.
JH: I read a book the other evening
MD: (stumble and double take..) you did what?
JH: Yes, it was the funniest kind of book.  Do know know it said that in the future, machines will replace humans in all jobs.
MD: (looking Jean Harlow up and down - and she is dressed is a shear gown)  Oh my dear... that's something you'll never have to worry about.
.
See, like I said, I thought i knew it.
.
Well I watched it today in the background and it is really really good.  Much more drama than I expected.  All about the problems of the Depression, has beens and people standing up for what is important.
.
I liked it.