Friday, June 27, 2008

Stop it Larry, You're Killing Me.


Here is the thing. I have stayed away from politics, haven't I. I have been good. I have been trying not to go off.
.
Having said that, let me say that the current administration's Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is off the hook crazy.
.
The US BLM has put a moratorium on Solar Power Plants on federal land. If you have driven through Nevada, Arizona and much of California, you MUST question this.
.
.
Perhaps this makes sense, right. I mean a bunch of mirrors in the desert where no one lives, and not on any park land may have an impact. I will give them that. But it shouldn't take 2 fracking years to figure out.
.
And that 22 months seems starkly different than the Zero Months of review for the lets drill the hell out of the ocean. So, we have companies lined up (130 deep at LEAST) to build solar power plants and free up oil and gas for other uses.
.
I know of no explanation for this except Bush and Cheney are oil men and Haliburton isn't getting any of this solar power action. Honestly, I am at a loss to explain it. I have driven past the plants in Nevada and California. Does anyone know why this is happening? The New York Times, the (conservative) Economist and all others know of no answer.
.
Any reasons. Buhler?