Monday, August 18, 2008

Handball (The Iceland Match Finally Happens!)


Apparently I could have been clearer in an earlier post. I am back in Beijing after the week-end in Shanghai. A friend (Suzanne) joined me there and is now in Beijing with Ed and I.
.
In fact, Suzanne went with me, first to the handball game. It was really fun. It is a wicked fast paced game. It is hard to describe, but really easy to catch on to as you watch. The key thing is the attackers can't put a foot in the yellow area before they throw.
.
Iceland was down at the very end, pulled their goalie and ended up tying 30-30. Iceland (last in) will make the finals!
.
We also went to the Lama Temple and the Confucius Temple Grounds. Neither Suzanne or I read everything (who has time?), but we read different things! So she could tell me that there is a boy and a girl mythical guard dog/lion. The one with the ball is the boy.

We had a proper little Chinese Tea in a garden tea house and it was very traditional, right down to the tea leaves floating in the tea.
.
Well, Eddie has a work dinner tonight, but he procured tickets for Suzanne and I to see the finals of doubles ping pong (Table Tennis as the sport is known here!). It is a giant deal in China.
.
fun.