Saturday, August 02, 2008

Mummy 3

So I went with Randy to see The Mummy 3 (blah blah Curse of Chinese Razzem Frassem blah). It was exactly what one would think it was big. A big loud fun movie, with some horrible acting and great special effects.
.
But one thing was surprising. I think it was suppose to be kind of a "hand off" to Luke Ford (as Brenden's kid) as the Mummy chaser. For once, The New York Times was right on the money as they described him as "... a charisma free zone." He was horrible.
.
I mean, of course, they are horrible lines - it's a Mummy movie - but he can't even deliver them. As for himbo factor. He is not nearly as cute as Brenden. In fact, I kid you not, they nude up Brenden once (healing some stomach wound, which we knew as the camera lingered down his nakid shoulders and chest). Luke the-chubster Ford, thankful kept fully clothed through the entire movie.
.

I say no hand off soon.
.
ps - Better than Indiana Jones 4: Return of Geritol in Convenient Gel Pack