Thursday, August 07, 2008

Post without Pictures




Why a post all the way from China without pictures. Why else, I left my camera in the taxi. Why, not on purpose.. I was on a conference call and then we got out to have dinner with Julia and I just forgot my phone on the seat.
.
I went to the Lama Temple (stock picture above). It is the biggest Tibetan Buddhist Temple in the world, and still quite actively prayed at. It was interesting because right after this I went to the Imperial College and Confucius' Temple. No one prays there. They still think of Confucius as a brilliant man, but not to be prayed at when at his temple.
.
The Lama Temple was gorgeous, you just went through temple after temple and in the final one (pictured) there was a 85 foot tall Buddha carved out of 1 piece of Sandalwood.


So, in mascot news Sasha Artemev is now on the team. If you haven't heard, Morgan Hamm is out with a twisted ankle, so Sasha has joined Raj as alternates that are on the team. I was speaking with Al Trautwig (REALLY, AL AND I WERE SHOOTING THE SHIT!!!!!) and he thinks it will be tough for them to pull this off. Al said that once you didn't make the team, you probably stop working out quite as hard. Raj has had like 2 weeks to get ready. Sasha has 1 day!
*ps - Al Trautwig is the lead NBC announcer for Gymnastics. Eddie can NEVER leave this job as long as they have the Olympics.
.
Opening Ceremonies tonight. One word, atwitter.