Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cooler Weather Begins

I was walking Trevor this morning in shorts and a t-shirt (which is all I have worn in New York for the past 3 months) and it was finally cool.  Not so cool I needed pants, but cool enough that I needed a long sleeve t-shirt.
.
(switching to internal voice) And once again I ponder how I came to live somewhere in which weather plays such an important part in my life.  New York is a great city, but couldn't they have located somewhere with better weather? Cold and Windy.  Hot and Humid.  There are places where it is Nice and Breezy or Sunny and 70.  (Actually the only places where it is consistently Sunny and 70 is San Diego and Quito Ecuador, so I get why New York isn't there.)
.
You don't really ever think about weather in LA.  I mean you watch the news and you think, "Thank God I don't live there." But you don't freak out.  You look outside the window.  Sunny - light pants and a shirt.  Rainy - light pants, a shirt and an umbrella.  Cloudy - June.  Done.
.
Anyway, the point is I am glad it is getting a little cooler.  I am not a fan of hot and humid.  I am a fan of scorching with a big pool in the backyard, but that is about it.