Monday, September 08, 2008

One of the things I love about New York

So today after I got up and worked some I had to run some errands.  No, running errands in the middle of the day isn't what I like about New York.  THAT is what I like about working from home!
.
But I digress...
.
Here is what I like about New York.  You don't have to pull yourself together to go outside.  By 10AM, when all the suits are in their offices, all you need to do is change from your PJs into reasonably clean clothes, brush your teeth - and you are done.
.
I mean at any given time 25% of the people on the street are crazy, 25% are students trying to look cool by looking like crap, 25% are tourist (of which 50% wear "I'm with Stupid T-shirts"), 10% have on last night's clothes and are doing the walk of shame (this city has a lot of walk of shame'ers!), and 10% of the rest have TERRIBLE taste.  Hell, as long as you don't drool or scream at imaginary friends, you start out in at least the 75th percentile of good-lookin'.
.
Just an observation...