Sunday, December 07, 2008

Simple Solution Pajama Pants!

Last week I was washing some of the clothes downstairs and... well first some giant cleaning woman (from the land of the Amazonians) came and took up EVERY SINGLE WASHER of which there are 24 (I know because they are numbered)… but that isn’t the crux of this story, just an annoying aside and I am venting here.
.
So, later, I was folding the laundry downstairs, which I don’t usually do, but Ed was sick in the house and the cleaning woman was in and so I was folding in the laundry room. Since our laundry room is on the 29th floor with a view towards Times Square, it isn’t horrible – and I avoid sicky-sickerson and the guilt of watching the maid clean the toilets and oven.
.
Anywho… this young woman shuffles in to move her clothes from the washer into the dryer. Now as someone walks into the laundry room, I do the is-this-a-serial-killer glance because my back is to the door and yes it is 2008, but I still have seen enough murder-in-the-laundry-room movie ads to wonder. ( I think Agatha Christy would have made a couple murder-in-the-laundry room plays if she lived in the states where laundry rooms proliferate; but then "Laundry Room Mystery" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Drawing Room Mystery" does, so perhaps it is best).
.
Well, Miss I-own-here-don’t -look-at-me, gives me a lame attempt at a haughty look and proceeds to cough and hack to prove she has a cold. She is across the laundry room but I cannot help but look at her now; I mean she is about to lose a lung here. She is the picture of stupidity. I know she is sick, but come on – show a little tiny bit of consideration to your neighbors.
.
She is wearing huge heavy “Juicy Couture” sweat pants, a black t-shirt with a heavy cardigan buttoned one or two buttons over that and a (honestly I am not making this up) Red Park with a furry hood (PULLED UP !) over that. Her nose is red, and she does indeed look sick. And on her feet? Flip Flops!
.
Flip
Flops
.
Hey, dim-wit, in the winter if you have a cold AND you are so freezing that you are wearing a Furry Parka in the laundry room – try putting on some shoes. You just know she has a pair of big ugly Uggs in that rat’s nest of an apartment somewhere.
.
.
One last thing, now that my mind is working, what actually occurs in a "Drawing Room" anyway. I have seen shows where music is played, people are killed and secrets revealed - but never any drawing.... humm... something to ponder.