Wednesday, January 07, 2009

She's suppose to be great, but....

I know that she is suppose to great in "Damages." She is thought to be Amazing, Wonderful.
.
She has won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for it, right?
.
But it is Glenn Close. And I cannot forgive her.
.
Ed remembers her fondly from "Dangerous Liaisons" in which she was, correctly, great.
.
But not me. For me there is a volcanic memory of Glenn Close. It was her butchering hatchet job on "Sunset Boulevard".
.
Watch (if you dare!) the clip below to see her ruin a perfectly good show with a singing voice that rivals mine.


.
Perchance it is the fact I first saw the show in London with Patti Lupone. Say what you will about the Diva, she can sing the hell out of the song. The video below is not great (let's say terrible), but the difference is stark even with quality.