Friday, January 23, 2009

So much better.. finally

Well I finally feel better.  It took longer than it should because of the cold in New York. 
.
So many of you know this, but I didn't.  Below about 15 degrees F feels VERY different from 32 degrees F.  I know it doesn't seem like much, but it is!  The last week it has been as cold in New York as it has for 3 years - about as long as I have been here.  So the lows of 5 and 8 have been a unpleasant wake up call to the Scooter.
.
I finally got used to taking Trevor for a walk in 26 - 32 degrees in the morning.  And it was cold.  Bitter cold.  Freezing cold.  I couldn't take it any lower cold.
.
Then I walked him in 8 degrees with a wind.
.
Yah, that is a LOT colder.  Trevor, a smart dog, doesn't like it at all.  He will go to the first tree or hydrant, pee and then pull you back inside.  I tell him he has to poop and he gives me the are-you-kidding? look.  He will not squat outside when it is below about 10.  He just won't.  He will hold it in, until Ed and I go somewhere.  Then he runs into the shower or tub to crap and all is well.  He is curled up in his snuggle ball, happy warm and a half pound lighter when we get home.
,
Can't blame him really.  Cold is COLD.