Monday, January 05, 2009

Worst... Show... Ever...!!!!


.
This is the worst show ever!!
.
Now that I am turning 50 I must leave the trappings of childhood(ish) behind me. Which leaves me not being able to enjoy the HORRIBLE “Superstars of Dance” in the full method it should be.
.
Superstars of Dance – which includes neither Superstars nor “dancers” in the traditional sense of being able to keep a beat – is clearly meant to be enjoyed with good friends and high as a kite.
.
Of course you and I know that I have never partaken of such enjoyment – I have only read out it.
.
Nor would I. It is an evil that both my parents warned me about repeatedly.
.
But if I were too be of such unsound mind , this is the show to do it with. From Michael Flatley (somehow proclaimed “the most famous Dancer on the Planet”) to the Chinese Ribbon Dancer who couldn’t make the Opening Ceremonies to the Australian group angry dancers this is a show teaming with (to quote Michael F) “terpsichorean brilliance”.
.
It is a train wreck that flattens all viewers with blinding lighting, muddled or over amplified sound, unwatchable shots of dancing wherein the legs of the dancers often are not shown and cardboard cutout judges.
.
The judges by the way are from the 8 or 9 countries and 2 of them (but only) 2 are forced to wear “national outfits”. So the US, Australian, Argentinean, South African etc judges are dressed normally and sit next to a Chinese Monk and some poor Russian rip off of Bela Karoli in a table cloth stolen from the local Moscow Diner.
.
Fabulous (with Tivo only)….