Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Farewell Natasha

This is Ed writing here. 

I hate it when Scott is right. He told me earlier in the day that she was gone. I didn't want to believe it.  But now it is confirmed and true. Ugh.

Perhaps it is being away from home, sitting in a hotel room that makes me more nostalgic, but I think it is incredibly sad that Natasha Richardson is gone. I respected her on so many levels.

To remake "Cabaret" on broadway in a way that wasn't merely a copy of Liza, is almost unbelievable when you think about it.  To be from a family with such a history, and be able to be a normal/sane person throughout your life is equally incredible. (lord knows that I was a "Neppl" that couldn't dribble a basketball  :-)  - can you imagine being a "Redgrave"? (No pressure there!). ....but she did it. 

To die on the bunny slope. Impossible. Seriously, I don't get it.
 
This is again, a reminder!!!!  And a perspective that has shaped our lives... Chris, Megan, Mark, Lauren....Life is very delicate and very special. Live it in a way that makes you happy,  and that you are proud of. 

I'm bumming tonight. 
Ed