Friday, March 06, 2009

Praise for one of Scooter's Reviews


So, a while back I reviewed a show called "Christine Jorgensen Reveals".
.
It was right after our return and slight jet lag from Asia, and - to be honest - I wasn't looking forward to it.  For those of you that don't know (and I assume that is almost anyone older than myself), Christine Jorgensen was the first person in the US to undergo a sex change operation.
.
Bleh!  I expected ham handed overacting and a big case of "boo de hoo".
.
It was nothing like what I expected.  And I wrote a rather long review of the show, hoping to challenge other people's assumptions.
.
Well the publicist actually wrote my Editor back saying it was a "wonderfully written review".  It no doubt helped that it was positive, but it is the first time anyone has said that.  And Tasha passed it on.  And I thought it was a great thing to say.
.
Here is the review.  It isn't required reading or anything, but it was a highly interesting show.
.
Let me say, one of the greatest things about this gig is the stuff I see I would never see otherwise.