Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We (Ed, Jane and I) saw Blithe Spirit on Broadway last week


Last week, when Jane was here, Blithe Spirit opened for previews. 
.
It is Noel Coward show about... well about talking witty.
.
There is a plot concerning a husband and wife (Rupert Everett and Jayne Atkinson) having a seance with a medium (Angela Landsbury) and bringing back the (ghost of) first wife (Christine Ebersol).  And then the first wife refusing to leave.
.
But it was more about the quick witty back and forth of language.  Sort of a 1930's West Wing - as it were.
.
Let me just say, for the 2nd day of previews, the cast was amazing.  Particularly great was Jayne Atkinson, whom I hadn't heard of.  I guess she is on TV a lot, particular in "24", but I didn't know her.  She was right on target and time.
.
So, it was a funny evening out.  And it was my first time seeing Rupert Everett in the flesh.  He did an impressive job.  And he looks good (but then he is months younger than I).