Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Senator Ensign: My Marriage- against God... His Marriage including his affair with a married woman: Good

I don't care that you screw around on your wife, hurt your children and destroy 2 marriages as a Promise Keeper Born Again Christian and a US Senator. I do CARE that you trash my monogamous marriage while you do it.
.
Senator Ensign on gay marriage this year.."Marriage is the cornerstone on which our society was founded. For those who say that the Constitution is so sacred that we cannot or should not adopt the Federal Marriage Amendment, I would simply point out that marriage, and the sanctity of that institution, predates the American Constitution and the founding of our nation."
.
And now on his marriage, "(CNN) -- Sen. John Ensign of Nevada admitted Tuesday to an extramarital affair with a woman who had worked for him.

Ensign, 51, would not identify the woman but said she and her husband had been "close friends." Her husband, he said, also worked for him.

"Last year, I had an affair," the Republican senator said outside his office in Las Vegas. "I violated the vows of marriage. It's absolutely the worst thing I've done in my life.

"I take full responsibility for my actions. I know I have deeply hurt and disappointed my wife, Darlene, my children, my family, friends, my staff and those who believed in me. And to all of them, especially my wife, I'm truly sorry," he said.