Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Lessons Learned


Last night I saw "The Amish Project", a show impossible to describe here because it sounds dumb or sappy and it wasn't.
.
But not the point.
.
The point is that the show had a couple of message, one of which was that what happens to you makes you who you are.  I mean we all know that, but it is nice every now and then to get it kicked into your head.
.
I have learned a lot since moving to New York.  I have been exposed to a lot more theater, a lot more hideously rude people, a lot more friends that I am able to see and many that I can't see now.
.
Bar the weather, which truly does suck in an epic fashion, it has been  - and continues to be - a great experience.
.
And the food.  The food is great and I am getting to be house sized ("You could move in!").