Saturday, June 13, 2009

Overtake the Principality on the non-right


The other day, Ed was singing, as you do - and he sang "Pass the douchie pan left hand side."
.
And I said, "What?"
.
He says, "Pass the douchie pan left hand side."
.
And I say, "douchie pan?"
.
And he says, "Yes. Douchie pan. What do you think it is?"
.
To which I say, of course, "Pass the Duchy on the left hand side."
.
He says, "Dutchy?"
.
And I say, "Yes, Dutchy. Like a Principality or Kingdom, only ruled by a Duke. Like the Duchy of Luxembourg." I think the song refers to passing a Kingdom on the left - I guess as opposed to the right.
.
And so we look it up, and it is "Pass the Ducthie on the left hand side." However, in this case, "Dutchie" does not refer to "Dutchy" as a regal land right, but as "Dutch Philips" cigar - or a joint rolled excessively large.
.
Since I have never been particularly aquatinted with terms referring to Marijuana (or as the kids call it these days "Mary Jane"), I never got that reference until google.
.
Go figure.