Saturday, July 18, 2009

(500) Days of Summer is a Love Letter.... to LA

Eddie and I went to see (500) Days of Summer. I spill nothing by saying that I loved it and Eddie did not.
.

.
But for me, what was surprising was that, in addition to a story about love (as opposed to a Love Story - it says it right inthe beginning) is that the movie is a love letter to Los Angeles.
.
And you know how much that means to Scooter. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an frustrated architect in love with Summer (the woman, Zooey Deschenel - not the season). It is, perhaps, an exercise in frustration, although I say it differently.
.
But come on!!! LA looks amazing, the UCLA band is in it and I lerve Joseph Gordon-Levitt, all grown up from 3rd Rock from the Sun.
.
Anyway, I liked it and it was fun and sad and made me cry....