Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Odd Suggestion from Netflix

So I thought this was weird...
.
I don't know if you have NetFlix, but I assume many of you do. If not, you understand how the whole "suggestion" thing works.
.
You see a video, rate it, and based on that rating (and other previous ratings) NetFlix makes a suggestion for the next movie. Normally this works like this (for example) ...
.
Gavin loves the Miley Cyrus movie, gives it 5 stars. NetFlix, based on their extensive knowledge of Gavin's taste and previous titles, recommends the Jonas Brothers Movie or Queer Eye for the Straight Guys Series 2.
.
Well, Eddie and I watched "Charlie Wilson's War" the other night, and liked it more than we thought we would. In fact I gave it a 4 (a normalish score for a Philip Seymour Hoffman movie, but pretty high for that guy from Forrest Gump).
.
I expected the other recommendations it made from this. Numbers 2 - 4 were "Micheal Clayton (which I loved), Good Night and Good Luck (which I loved) and The Good Shepard (which I will rent). But the top referral from my rating of Charlie Wilson's War....
.
Moose and Squirrel?????