Friday, August 28, 2009

And this is where the great and good liberal parts with orthodoxy

Ahhh... This is why I never rant on the evils of the death penalty.
.
You see, I don't believe in hell, per say. So I don't think there is a special place in hell for people that torture children. I don't think we need to make that place on earth for them, but I do think they have forfeited their right to live in society.
.
I see no valid reason for keeping them in jail. You kidnap a 11 year old girl, have 2 children with her. Keep her, and now these children in the back yard for 18 years. I think there is no appropriate time, after which, I think you should be allowed back into the community.
.
I think you have forfeited your rights to be treated like a human being.
.
The most humane thing we could do is to put you to sleep. Like a rabid dog. To you - it makes no difference, you clearly have no feelings nor sense of perspective. But, like a rabid dog, you are a threat to everyone and yourself.
.
I know, that kind of voids my bleeding heart liberal card, but there you go.
.