Friday, August 28, 2009

What does Buying a Car and Going to the Vet have in Common? Pee'ing


So today the Trev-myster had to go to the Vet. Now, the last time he was at the Vet he had to stay and get his teeth cleaned (he did not like that). So he was trepidatious.
.
And I return to what I learned once when buying a car (stay with me). Professionals always say to pee before you go to the dealer. Because when you are negotiating and are stressed (most people get stressed negotiating - not Ed, but most of us) their bodies tighten up. When they agree to the terms - even if they don't say so, their bodies relax. And your brain assumes you have to pee (due to the stress / relax thing you body is doing). So, once you pee, the negotiators know that you have agreed to the price. Even if you haven't told them, your body has.
.
(I use this to my advantage by pee'ing, then when they think they made the sale, I say I am leaving. I decided not to buy because, thought I am sure they tried, but the price is just too high. I figure there are two ways to end negotiations, either agree or mentally make the leap that the offer isn't good enough - so I let them think they just pushed me too far. I have gotten a much better deal that way. But I digress.)
.
What does this have to do with Trevor, you ask? Well, during the check up, the shots, the nose spray and the wait for the ear wax test, he was as tight as a fish on a 10lb line. But the minute we left the Vet's office together, he hit the fire hydrant outside like a man holding it in for a week!
.
Then walking home in the rain, tired from yesterday at Pets-At-Play and drained of adrenaline from the Vet visit, he crashed. I had to carry him most of the way home.