Thursday, August 27, 2009

Your body is a (scarred) wonderland

The sun giveth and the sun taketh away.
.
.
This is Seal Beach California. It is (as the bike rides down Studebaker Blvd) about 5 miles from Cerritos, where I went to High School (at Gahr High).
.
As I mentioned previously, my High School (Gahr) shared the physical premises with Cerritos High School. So we got out at Noon. Plenty of time to bike to Seal Beach and spend the day playing in the sun and sand.
.
What is wonderful for a 13 - 17 year old is hell on a 50 year old's body. I went AGAIN today to get two more biopsies for Skin Cancer. Of the 5 I have taken so far, 3 came back Very serious and one came back serious (1 was nothing Horray!). So Monday October 5th, I go in - yet again - for removal and stitches. I am beginning to look like a train map of the Arizona. (None on the face yet though!).
.
So, to recap, I am hitting 4 for 5 to date with 2 more tests outstanding.
.
But I can body surf like no ones business!!!