Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Let the fun begin....

Truth be told, I enjoy September for any number of reasons, but let's go with the two big ones first.
.
First, Bruin Football starts.
.
Of course, all football starts, but in September, we still get to believe in Bruin football.
.
We open Sunday in the Rose Bowl. We won't have our usual "fire advantage" since we are playing San Diego State - another chaparral threatened school, but we should still do okay.
.
We better do okay. Kevin Craft, our QB, is a 2nd year starting Senior transferred from San Diego State - so it's one of those - we hate you games.
.
Then, the next week we travel to Tennessee (again). We beat them last year - and we were lousy. I hope they are rebuilding too.
.
After the heady days of September, we will go into Pac 10 play - and it promises to get ugly. But Ricky Nuheisel is only in his 2nd year as coach - so he gets one more year of me not riding his ass. Just one more, damn it!
.
Then there is the new television season.
.
I love television. I love good television, I love comedy television and every now and then I LOVE bad television.
.
Little quiz on my favorite show of all time below.
.

.
.
It looks like it could be an interesting season. That is what I love about TV - it ALWAYS looks like it could be a good season! I used to read every word of the TV Guide during the Fall Preview Edition!
.
Now, the internet has opened a whole new world of snark and love about TV and I devour it.
.
I put a picture of Flash Forward in just for Lynn and Eddie, who thought Joseph Finnes was Joseph SoFine in Shakespeare in Love.
.
Quiz Answer.... Mama's Family: Horrible and Fun TV