Friday, September 04, 2009

So much fun at US Open Thursday

Thursday Eddie and I went to the US Open with a friend from work and her honey (more on that later).
.
We saw Andy Rodick (on the left). I love watching Andy.
.
He has slimmed down since the last time I saw him, which apparently is due to his new coach. He still crushes the serve, but he seems to have more than that now.
.
It was totally cool.
.
Before Andy we saw Maria Sharapova - who is nice, funny and pretty. She was a gracious winner over an American who did well in set 1, then folded.
.
The matches didn't start until almost 2 hours late because the day games went long, but it was fine. Eddie and I wandered around and then my friend showed up.
.
So... my friend.
.
The picture below (it should be below, but it might be on the side of this) is my friend, Rene from Citibank. The guy is Charles, her boyfriend.
.
Now get this, Charles is from Compton and then U C Berkeley via... wait for it... Gahr High School. That is where I went to High School myself. It was so funny to meet someone who went there too (granted TWENTY YEARS after I did).
.
I really like Rene, and I liked Charles a lot.
I also though this was the oldest ball boy in the world. Even including Kramer.
.