Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So I have never seen Hamlet until tongiht.


I have never seen Hamlet before. It is sooo long. I couldn't even watch it with Kenneth Branaugh. And I love Kenneth Branaugh. (I have seen a lot of Shakespeare, just not Hamlet).
.
But tonight I saw Hamlet with Jude Law. He has been doing this show in London for a while and he is doing a limited run here in New York.
.
He was astounding.
.
The reviews were that he was a little fast (but the show is still 3 1/2 hours -so not that racing). But I thought he was great.
.
They brought pretty much the entire British cast here (which is rare), and they were very very good to. I loved Matt Ryan - who played Horatio as well.
.
It was an amazing show.
.
And Jude Law! Okay, I don't think he is cute. I mean he just doesn't do it for me. But he is hot on stage. I mean, he has a stage presence - a way of moving - it is just electric.