Saturday, November 14, 2009

2012: Not as many yell back at the screen moments as you want


Roland E learned the wrong lessons from 10,000 BC.
.
Yes, people laugh inappropriately and yell back at the screen. But that is WHY we go. I gotta shell out $14.50 in New York - if I am not being moved to tears by Kate Winslett, damn it I want to scream "Oh No You Didn't!" in the theater.
.
"Don't Open the Door!!! Oh well.. I told you don't open that door."
.
2012 is filled to the brim with (bloodless long-shot) death and big time destruction - but is short on truly laughable moments.
.
Woody Harrelson being an exception. He chews giant pickles and scenery with equal aplomb. John Cuzack gets out of every scrap with fire, volcanic ash or cracks in the earth nipping at his ass - but Amanda Peet screws up the joke with her face twisted into near tears. Not really Amanda's fault - she has nothing else to do in this film but scream hold the kids and not show her boobs because they haven't been redone (don't ask).
.
Anyway, it was fun enough - but Ed was sitting away from Randy at I (25 minutes early and still no 3 seats together) and I don't think my humorous asides were nearly as funny to Randy and they would have been to Ed.
.
PS - New Magnetic South Pole: Steven's Point Wisconsin.