Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day to Honor Veterans


It's November 11th, which means it is Veteran's Day.
.
For me, Veteran's Day is a time to step back and little and reflect on the sacrifices that our armed forces have made over the years. This is the time to thank them and honor their commitment to duty, country and people.
.
This picture is Westwood National Cemetery. I used to pass it everyday on the way to UCLA. It is across the street from the Federal Building in Westwood. Demonstrations for or against whatever the issues of the day were, had to be conducted across the street from the final resting place of these brave men and women. The location forced upon you a sense of purpose and reality.
.
If you stood at the Federal Building, across from people who gave their lives for you and the country - you had to believe in what you were doing. With the gift of age, I might not always agree now with my younger self - but I can say that I tried to honor them by making my voice heard at the time on issues of the day.
.
Go on, say thank you to a Vet - who laid down so much for us.
.
Thank you Nick. God bless.