Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Will Detail Later: But Two Very Cool Things Yesterday..

We did 2 very fun things yesterday. We are sleeping in to recover, but I will preview what we did before I post, as it were.
.
.
First we had a semi-private (25 people) tour of the Woolworth Building. It was the tallest building in the world from 1916 to 1932. We went in the Rooftop observatory, the top tower, the sub-basement swimming pool and lobby. It was giving by an Teacher of Architectural History who wrote a book about it, plus an ex-employee who used to work with Mr. Woolworth and the new building owners.
.
We were able to do this rare thing because I won a raffle from OpenHouse NY. Very cool.

After that, we went over to Williamsburg in Brooklyn - a hip & happening little village in Brooklyn - for dinner with new friends. We meet them at the Empire State Pride Dinner. It was a lot of fun and the food was great I thought (more "okay" for Eddie).
.
Anyway more later, just that we had fun.