Sunday, November 01, 2009

UCLA Bruin Wins the NY Marathon (I gotta take 'em where I can)


Meb Keflezighi, the American Runner (born a native of Eritrea who grew up in San Diego and became a U.S. citizen in 1998) won the New York Marathon today. He is a ex-Bruin.
.
Really, you may say? You're going to tout Keflezighi as a Bruin?
.
Yes.
Yes I am.
.
And you know why. I have promised myself (and Donald) that I would not bitch about the UCLA Football team for 2 years with a new coach I like. And, it isn't being easy to do. We will miss the Rose Bowl again this year, which will make 11 years straight. Our longest drought in history.
We lost 5 games in a single month for only the second time in history.
.
And I am not going to complain too much. Really. I have to give Rick Neuheisel a little breathing room. And, reading the Los Angeles Times, it might just be me doing it.