Friday, January 08, 2010

HUGE PROPS to NYC Unemployment Officer Scott W.

Man, I gotta say a New York City Unemployment Officer has been proactively helpful. I haven't really dealt with a Civil Service person this helpful since... well ever.
.
As we had my first meeting I explain how I got my PMP certificate to qualify for jobs like the one I have been doing. He immediately jumped up, checked some details and found that since I did the program before December 31st 2009, I qualified through a unique program for reimbursement of the training (turns out it was specialized and necessary for an in demand occupation).
.
Today he touched base with me via phone to set up a time next week to come in and sign the appropriate paper work to get my money back. Since it was significant ($1800), I am thrilled.
.
Anyway, he is just a regular Labor employee doing a bang up job. And you don't hear that kind of good news enough. Props!