Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I want to say I am shocked.. SHOCKED.. but I'm not.


Harold Ford Junior has decided to run against Kristin Gillibrand, the current New York Senator.
.
Ms. Gillibrand was appointed after Senator Clinton was made Secretary of State.
.
Senator Gillibrand is from a conservative Upstate district, but has tacked left(er) since being our Senator. I like her, in fact I have donated to her campaign previously.
.
And now we have Harold Ford Junior, conservative Democrat who moved to New York (and Meryl Linch) after losing a bid in Tennessee.
.
See here is my problem, in Tennessee he was a very conservative Democrat - pro-life and anti-gay. Now he wants to run in New York as Pro-Choice, Anti-Homophobe. Really?
.
Senator Gillibrand has pulled the same trick, but at least she has followed through. She has been reliable votes in the Senate for the things I believe whether she believes them or not.
.
I am not sure I want a handsome mixed-race slick politician who says all the right things but doesn't mean them as my Senator. I already have one of those as President thank you - and i am not pleased with the way that has turned out.
.