Sunday, January 17, 2010

New York is NYC because we have more important things to do....(updated)

If you search for something on google in New York, you write something like "geography bookstore nyc". Because we are in a rush in New York and we just write NYC. Just like Los Angeles writes LA.
.
Here in Albuquerque they write ABQ. Not because they are in a rush, but Albuquerque is just hard to write. It has 2 q's, for goodness sake.
.
Anyway, I am here in Albuquerque at the Hotel Andaluz for my Uncle Timo's memorial service. Ed made me wear a suit and it turns out my Uncle forced the office into casual days - so in his honor no one wore a suit.
.
a) We were more alike than I knew and
.
b) yeah, Thanks honey!
.
So, it was cool to hear people talk about Uncle Timo from a work, friendship and music perspective. His best man came from Connecticut. A friend of his from Chapman College came (that I probably met when I was young) was there and asked about my mom (I think Rick or Rich or whatever had a little crush on my mom).
.
It was cool. I also got to hang out with my cousins Elise and Alana, they are cool. And I spoke with Connie (Timo's wife) a lot and her sisters. Anyway, it has been interesting and fun, but I have the god awful early flight out tomorrow. I'll post pictures later (I didn't bring the right adapter).
-------------------
ps I got a text from Elise to go to a club for a drink before I left and I totally went, but there was this long long line - and I am old and tired and drank too much tequilla yesterday and am now bunting... I have an early flight (he whined).