Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some Thoughts on Albuquerque

So, some random thoughts about my trip to my uncle's memorial service.
.
First, my cousins have grown into very nice people. Below is a picture of Elise and her boyfriend, Bob, on my right, and Alana and her boyfriend, Max, on my left. They were a lot of fun and made me feel really really welcome.
.
I think a lot has to do with the fact that Elise has visited a couple of times - and we are all facebook friends.


.
Now, I don't wish to be mean (which always means that I am about to say something mean), but...
.
Albuquerque is not the prettiest city in the middle of winter.
.
I think it gets too cold for palm trees and some cactus - so there are a few trees that can live in the weather. Unfortunately they all shed their leaves in the winter - so the prevailing color is kind of, well... dirt brown...



A picture from the plane upon my approach.
.
On the other hand they have some fun areas (Downtown, Nob Hill / University)... but generally it is the people that make the city in Albuquerque. And I had a good time.