Friday, February 12, 2010

In Vancouver

Well the Opening Ceremonies are today / tonight. I haven't blogged much because I a) didn't bring my download cord for my camera and b) I can't download iphone photos here easily (wrong telecoms for data).
.
But, luckily, Eddie sent some pictures. So..
.
This is "Canada Place" where the Cruise Ships doc (when they are allowed to... none now - security). The building on the right is our hotel.
.

.
Just outside our windows is the IBC (International Broadcast Center). Ed loves the building. It is all recycled materials - with the interior wood from trees blown over in storms (whatever - crazy greenies :-).
.
The roof (which I will send a pic of ASAP) is grass. Very cool indeed.
.

As for Vancouver in general. The first day or so was very quiet and if you actually went into a shop you were mobbed. You know they are stocked for a ton of people and no one was there. Luckily for them more people have "suddenly" arrived.
.
Also lucky for me. I am a little uncomfortable being followed around the shops by "helpful" employees!
.
Anywho - it starts tonight and I am excited.