Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mascot of the Month: Bill Demong (Nordic Combined)

Okay, until this Olympics, I never paid attention to a lot of events that I didn't understand. But sitting in the hotel in Vancouver, where they covered everything, I got into Nordic Combined.
.
The first one I watched we got a Silver, but this is Bill Demong who won our first Gold in Nordic Combined.
.
And no, I am not impressed only by Gold, but he is cuter than the guy that got Silver ;-).
Bill Demong.
.

This is the first 1/2 of the Nordic Combined. You ski jump - and based on your jump, they set your start placement for the Cross Country.
.

This is Billy after he won the Cross Country portion and the Gold Medal.
.

What the hell is this, you ask? This is Billy Demong working to strengthen his core muscles.
.
Oookayyyy....
.

With the medal.