Monday, February 01, 2010

Mascot of the Month: Mark Johnson

This month's mascot is Mark Johnson. He is an amazing Hockey coach.
.
And yes, this was a suggestion from a Badger.
.
Below is Mark coaching the Women's Wisconsin Hockey team to another NCAA championship. I would make fun of a Women's Hockey "National" Championship - since how many schools play that, 12? BUT, since UCLA hit it's 100th NCAA Championship with another Women's Waterpolo title, I will not bring up this fact.
.

.
Mark is taking this year off to coach the US Women's Hockey team in the Vancouver Olympics. Suzanne thought this would be a great mascot this month.


.
I know that occasionally mascots can bring a team bad luck, BUT Suzanne chose him not me AND I broke the streak not that long ago. So anyway, here's hoping that Thurman doesn't get to yell at me. :-).
.
If you check his wikipedia entry, he also played on the 1980 Gold Medal US Hockey team.