Friday, February 05, 2010

You All Know I Hate Michelle Lee, Right?


Sometimes I just want to share a lovely story. And sometimes I just want to share.
.
This entry will clearly fall into the latter category.
.
You all know I hate Michelle Lee, right? I bring this up because she is trying to squirming her bitchy ass way into the Broadway scene and every time I see her mug in the paper I seethe a little.
.
Here is why I hate Michelle Lee.
.
Once, a long long time ago kids, Uncle Scooter - who was then still a naive pup of a man - went to the Academy Theater for a special screening of a newly restored "A Star is Born" with Judy Garland.
.
See boys and girls, this was before video tapes and DVDs, and you could really only catch famous movies at revival houses or on television. Well, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences did it's first work with UCLA in film restoration - finally seen as an art. And, through UCLA, I had been invited to see the newly restored "A Star Is Born" with 45 minutes of extra scenes that had been deleted YEARS AGO.
.
And I saved my pennies from working full time and going to school full time, and I dressed up a little to go to the Academy Theater to watch it. And I was ENTHRALLED. I loved it, I loved the scene and I felt very "with it" for the first time in my life.
.
And, as I was waiting for a drink during intermission, Miss Michelle Lee, minor TV Star then but a big deal to me, was waiting with her paramour for a drink or the bathroom or something.
.
And her big ass honking goose voice filled the room as she said, "I can't believe how shitty Judy looks! How many drugs was she on?! Go-od what a horrible fucking fiasco! What are you looking at?"
.
That last line was directed at me because I had turned, gob-smacked, to see who was making such as ass out of herself.
.
I have never forgiven her.
.
Next installment.... Sean Hayes.