Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Brain At Night

Sometimes I must try to explain that my brain works at triple speed all night.
.
It is very odd, and heaven knows I wish I could turn it off, but it just keeps running and running like the freakin Energizer Bunny on speed.
.
So last night, I put 2 and 2 and 27 together and got this crazy assed idea.
.

.
There are all these decrepit buildings in Detroit, right? And, the price of oil keeps going up, right? Well, what if you take some of these big ware-housey buildings and turn them into greenhouses?
.
Not just greenhouses, but green houses for Rubber trees! As the price of oil rises, synthetic rubber gets prohibitively more expensive and the price for"real" rubber increases. IF we really are at a balance between production capacity and demand, then the price of rubber can only go up.
.
In buildings like this in Detroit you could build a lowish cost dome or top for this, and grow rubber trees indoors. In the winter you could also let people (and dogs or whatever) in to get some "nature".
.
And I was sober!