Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Mother's Fault

I blame my mother... which I suppose is not unusual - mothers have to deal with this all the time. Well, perhaps not this - per say, but blame in general.
.
In any case you may wonder what "this" is.
.
It is my unfathomable enjoyment of Dean Martin in general and "Matt Helm" movies in particular.
.
It was, I believe, a set of books much like James Bond. But during the transfer to the big screen, it was discovered that our man Dino was a much better lover and joker than lover and fighter.
.
And so Dean followed the footsteps of Bob Hope - albeit it with more style, panache and liquor, instead of Sean Connery. Instead of plots and guns and the occasional girl, Matt Helm was surrounded by girls and guns with the occasional plot.
.
And I enjoy them ever so much.
.