Wednesday, May 19, 2010

La Bayadere & Freedom


Today I went to the American Ballet Theater @ Lincoln Center and saw La Bayadere.
.
Although this is not from La Bayadere, these are the 2 principals I saw, David Hallberg and Paloma Herrera.
.
She is from Argentina and he is from South Dakota - and La Bayadere is set in India - so, you know, go figure.
.
It was however, wonderful. I LOVE the ABT with Big Sets and Big Casts and Big Emotions.
.
Speaking of emotions... I find myself torn.
.
I have been asked to start the new job on Monday. Monday!
.
That gives me only 3 days of freedom! I chose La Bayadere for one - but what of tomorrow. My last Thursday - perhaps the Met - I haven't been since I moved here. I have always had plenty of chances... but now the days dwindle to a fragrant few....
.
Tomorrow night Mark Goldberg arrives and Gavi and Mickey on Friday.
.
The days of my youth and freedom rush by like a young spring stream - soon to dry up and wither come fall.
.
Oh! Woe is become unto me - for I must once more trudge forth into the harsh reality that is (deep sign) employment.
.
And it comes at the right time - by Citi severance runs out on the 31st. Goodbye sweet solitude... Farewell...