Sunday, May 02, 2010

Mascot of the Month: Sherie Rene Scott


Some actors are actors, and some actors make you sad you can't do that. Sherie Rene Scott is an actor that makes me happy and sad and weepy and laugh and everything in between. I am THRILLED her Off-Broadway show that Eddie and I saw last year - opened Thursday ON Broadway.
.
And I am thrilled it got great reviews. I loved it.


Her previous show as The Little Mermaid, as the sea witch. Which she was nominated for a Tony for.



I first saw her in Aida, with Heather Headly. I didn't realize how great she was, until I saw the show later with a different actress in the role of Ameris. Aida was still good, great in fact; but Sherie was definitely missed.
.
And so, the woman who inspires me is May's Mascot of the Month. If you want to hear a beautiful voice, just listen.
.



Told you!