Friday, November 05, 2010

My Love Life


I don’t think you can really review as many shows as I do without loving the stage. And occasionally you fall in love with a show. You just can’t see it enough. Every time you go or listen to the music you see / hear more.

Often it is unrequited. My friend Richard loved Enron. It was short and bittersweet. Luckily , it had a student rush and he still had his NYU ID. He has fallen down the same rabbit hole with Women on the Verge – which opened to manic/depressive reviews. I hope it doesn’t close as quickly as Enron.

With me it was Evita when I was in high school, then lately Aida, Next to Normal and now Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson. I love that show. I am going again with a friend and her daughter from Orange County right before Thanksgiving. I think this might be Butterbean’s first Broadway show.

I am excited.

Again!