Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Plainly Palin

I love her. She might be the first Mascot of the Month to be President after being Mascot. We would have Gold Medalist, Sexiest Man of the Year and now a Possible President.
.
Why oh why do I love her?.. This quote.
.

The inner circle of Sarah Palin’s political organization is notoriously difficult to crack, but in an over-7500-word piece in the New York Times Magazine posted online Wednesday, Robert Draper offers a rare glimpse into Palin-land – as well as buzzy quotes from an hour-long interview with the former Alaska gov.

In the key excerpt ricocheting around the media today, Palin gives a clear indication that she is seriously mulling a 2012 run:

“I am,” Sarah Palin told me the next day when I asked her if she was already weighing a run for president. “I’m engaged in the internal deliberations candidly, and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here.”

I want to just diagram her sentences. This is a two parter. Part 1 "I'm engaged in the internal deliberations candidly.." So she is talking to herself (okay - fine... I'll give her the benefit of the doubt... "thinking" to herself) and for a change isn't lying. Why do I say for a change? Well, she has to specifically call out that she is being "candid" with herself. So, for a change, she isn't being delusional.
.
Then part two "..and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here." I would think being President had some pretty considerations all around. Particularly when you agreed to run for vice President pretty much on a whim.